On style, creativity and all things beautuful

Monday, October 10, 2016

Polka Dot & Cherries Dress

The idea of this dress appeared a couple of days before my daughter’s 10th birthday last August. Getting ready for the big day, the celebration would not have been complete without a new dress for my girl. And of course it had to be a dress made by me.


Это платье появилось очень спонтанно, за пару дней до дня рождения моей дочки Саши в августе прошлого лета. Любая шьющая мама меня поймет, что подготовка к дню рождения будет неполной без нового платья, сшитого специально к случаю...





Being a fabric addict as I am, I always look for and bring home new fabrics from my travels. And last August while in Russia, I was indulging in the beautiful choice of fabrics that Russian seamstresses are lucky to have in fabric stores. Amazing choice of high quality fabrics and an incredible variety of prints! So when I saw this lovely blend of cotton and linen inspired by one of the recent collections of Dolce&Gabbana, I did not think twice.


Из своих путешествий я всегда привожу домой новые ткани. На этот раз , гостя у родителей в России, я не раз отправлялась на экскурсию по заветным магазинам с превосходным выбором тканей. И конечно я не смогла устоять перед этим милым блэндом из хлопка и льна по мотивам последних коллекций Dolce&Gabbana.




The pattern that I used for this dress appeared in BurdaStyle 12/2014 (model 146) and I have been waiting for the opportunity to use it as it seemed very versatile and would look great in both summer and winter versions. For my daughter’s height of 150cm I used the biggest size of the pattern – 140 – and made some corrections to enlarge the pattern. I also added about 15 cm to the length of the gathered skirt and eventually kept it long. As a final touch, I added a bow belt. To make it, I simply cut two long stripes out of remaining fabric, stitched them together and basted the edges.


Выкройка детского платья из BurdaStyle 12 /2014 нравилась мне уже давно, и мне хотелось попробовать ее и в зимнем, и в летнем вариантах. Для роста Саши 150см я взяла самую большую выкройку размера 140, и сделал свои корректировки на рост. Я также добавила 15 см к детали юбки, и позже решила сохранить всю длину. К платью добавила свою деталь - пояс-бант.




To keep this summer dress light, I did not use the lining and did not make an underskirt. For the height of 150cm I used about 170cm of fabric.


Планируя сохранить это платье легким и летним, я не стала делать нижнюю юбку для платья и оставила его без подклада. Горловина и проймы платьев обработаны косой бейкой из основного материала. На рост 150см использовалось около 1м70см ткани. Небольшие остатки скорей всего пойдут на небольшую тунику для 2-летней племянницы.


My daughter chose to wear the dress on her first day back to school as well. I think the cheerful yet beautiful color scheme of this dress blends in lovely into the amazing palette of this fall.


Саша одела платье и на 1 сентября в школу, и по-моему, черный горошек с вишнями неплохо вписывается и в осенний пейзаж.



Wishing you a beautiful fall season!
And Happy Sewing for your loved ones!


Желаю вам красивой осени!

И Шитья для любимых и близких!

No comments:

Post a Comment