On style, creativity and all things beautuful

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Flower Power

The creation of this dress was a special experience for me back in 2010 as the fabric that I used for it was the exact original of the dress shown in the February issue of Burdastyle magazine. How could I not fall in love with these dramatic poppies and with the little sheath dress with an open back?





It seemed just perfect for the coming season and I did spend a couple of summers entirely in this dress. As it always happens I customized my version along the way adding a bow at the back to make it more wearable.

Cotton satin with elasthane



Проект создания этого платья для меня был особенно интересен тем, что ткань на него использована оригинальная, что и в журнале – после выхода номера мне довелось заказать ткань через немецкий интернет-магазин Alfatex.de . Для улучшения посадки в области спинки добавила бант, пришитый на широкую эластичную тесьму (резинку) красного цвета в тон маков. Тесьма фиксирует две части спинки в области выреза.



"The protagonist"





No comments:

Post a Comment