On style, creativity and all things beautuful

Saturday, April 18, 2015

About me


Hi and welcome to Katya's Gallery!

My name is Ekaterina, but friends and family call me Katya. I am Russian and I have lived and worked in several countries both in North America and Europe. Now I have settled with my family not far from Paris, France. In love with sewing, attentive observer of fashion trends and a big admirer of craftsmanship, I started this blog in 2015 to document and to talk about my sewing projects as well as the sources of my inspiration. Having a graduate degree in Public History, I remain an avid museum-goer. Living so close to Paris and its cultural treasures, I rarely miss any significant exhibition, and you might have a glimpse of some of them here.


                                            

I started sewing when I was a high school student and over years it became my passion. Now it occupies a big part of my life. For several years I have been showing my work on Russian fashion and sewing web-site Burdastyle.ru. My projects have been selected by editors and featured on the biggest DIY site BurdaStyle.com  
                                                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                         

I am happy to share my ideas and projects and my passion for sewing. I hope the things I love and people I admire might inspire you!          

Thanks for stepping by!


Exhibition "Fashion Forward:Three Centuries of Fashion", Museum of Decorative Arts, Paris

You can also follow me on Instagram @katyasgallery

Photo credit: @fifi_bristoche

No comments:

Post a Comment